Need 'Reply-To' header field in password reset emails

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 10, 2013   (RSS)

By Deborah - October 4, 2013

I'd like to set a 'Reply-To' email header field for password reset emails. (CMSB version 2.53)

I'm using SMTP authentication and have a special email address assigned for SMTP connection. I can't use my client's email credentials as the sender, because the client may change their password.

I'm fine with hard-coding into the CMSB template files, as the same Reply-To value will apply to all sent.

Am I on the right track assuming I would edit this file?

/lib/common.php  ... somewhere at this location:

// Set Reply-To: email (default to From: if not defined)
  $emailComponents = isValidEmail(coalesce(@$options['headers']['Reply-To'], $options['from']), false); // DO NOT allow multiple
  foreach ($emailComponents as $emailNameArray) { $message->setReplyTo($emailNameArray[0], nullIfFalse($emailNameArray[1])); }

Please let me know how I should modify the sample code as I'd like to implement it on a number of sites.

Thanks for your help.

~ Deborah

By Deborah - October 10, 2013

Ross,

Thanks for the response. It looked to me like the code was nearly ready for a 'Reply-To' entry, so I thought I'd ask. I'll see what I can figure out and certainly respect that such modifications would not be supported. If I have success, I'll be sure to take notes for future upgrades.

~ Deborah