Newsletter Plug-in: Custom fields

By gversion - October 3, 2013

Hello,

I have just upgraded my version of Newsletter Builder and consequently the "first name" is no longer being pulled correctly.

Before I upgraded I was able to insert the "first name" by following the instructions here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2230495#post2230495

Can someone please explain how I can insert the "first name" into the message?

Thank you,

Greg

By gregThomas - October 3, 2013

Hi Greg,

If you're using version 3.0 of news letter builder, this feature is now built in by default. You can access the value by using a placeholder that starts with subscriber followed by the name of the field, for examle:

#subscriber.first_name_field_name#

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gversion - October 3, 2013

Hi Greg,

Thanks for this information, it's now working again. Hopefully my mailing list will forgive me for this little error!

One more question please, how do I view the list of subscribers that have been allocated to a Mailing List?

Many thanks,

Greg

By gregThomas - October 4, 2013

Hi Greg,

There is no direct way you can see the particular users in a mailing list. The best way to do this would be to go to the section that stores your subscribers and use the advanced search options to filter based on the filter options you have in a particular mailing list.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Greg

Greg Thomas

By gversion - October 5, 2013

Hi Greg,

I think the following SQL code works correctly:

SELECT cms__nlb_subscribers.email FROM cms__nlb_subscribers
INNER JOIN cms__nlb_subscribers2lists ON cms__nlb_subscribers.num = cms__nlb_subscribers2lists.subscriberNum
WHERE cms__nlb_subscribers2lists.listnum = 2;

I just change the value for "cms__nlb_subscribers2lists.listnum" to be the ID of the mailing list I want to view the subscribers of.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Greg

By gregThomas - October 7, 2013

Hi Greg,

This looks like it will work to me! It might be worth considering merging the two tables together so that subscriber fields are in your main subscribers table. Then writing a script to merge the data of the two tables.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

By gversion - October 7, 2013

Hi Greg,

Yes, my SQL statement seems to have done the job. I don't quite follow your suggestion though about merging the tables. I don't know how to go about achieving this so I think I will just stay as I am for the time being unless you can elaborate with some code.

Many thanks,

Greg