oddities w/ create and modify buttons

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 3, 2013   (RSS)

By Deborah - October 2, 2013

REF: 2.53 (Build 1040)

This is so weird. I click any 'modify' or 'create' button and the entire screen has a darkening overlay effect (probably a jQuery transition), and instead of transitioning to the next screen, the window with the overlay just stalls.

I worked on this new CMSB install a week or so ago without issue and have never seen this before on any other installs of this or any other version. I've tried with IE, Firefox, Chrome... all the same. (Windows 7 also rebooted.)

Does anyone have any clues what I should check?

Thanks.
Deborah

By gregThomas - October 3, 2013

Hi Deborah,

Very strange! Is this on a server that I would be able to access? If so could you fill out a second level support request for me so I can take a closer look at the issue? You can find the form here:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

What happens if you click the modify link in Chrome with the developers console open (ctrl+shift+J), do you get any JavaScript errors when you click the modify link? 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Deborah - October 3, 2013

Greg, thanks for the response and Chrome console tip (didn't know it had that feature).

The error referenced the ThickBox script and I know why... because I had updated jQuery to the same version used on the rest of the site. Restoring jQuery to the version included w/CMSB solved the problem.

Sorry for the false alarm.

~ Deborah

By Deborah - October 3, 2013

Greg, I checked out your suggested link. I've used Firebug in FireFox, but sometimes find it's reports mystifying. The Chrome interface seems more straight-forward to me.

Appreciate your help so much!

~ Deborah