Front-End User multiple file and image uploads, which thereby creates one instance of a record per uploaded file.

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 26, 2013   (RSS)

By Mikey - August 25, 2013

I need to create a Front-End User multiple file and image uploader, which thereby creates one instant of a (menu type - multi) record per uploaded file.

So for example a front end user is logged into the site and wants to upload 20 photos and 10 files.... the user could select all 30 files and upload them all at one time, however for all 30 files - there is an individual (menu type - multi) record created per file for a total of 30 multi records.

During the upload process, the front-end user would be required to:

• add a summary description related to each file being uploaded
  • add a full description related to each file being uploaded
  • select a category or create a new category related to each file being uploaded
  • select related keywords or create multiple keywords related to each file being uploaded
  • select if the file being uploaded has copyright permissions or is free to the general public

Does any one know of a InteractiveTools forum thread post that I can browse to get this project started, or have any suggestions on how implement this?

Thank Zick.

By gregThomas - August 26, 2013

Hi Zick,

I'm just wondering if a better structure for the files might be to have one section, with a single item drop down list with the 30 different file types/names and an upload field, then just assign each upload to the particular name/upload type and a user. As I think this would be a lot easier to manage and search. 

I would suggest having a look at the upload form on this post:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2216744#post2216744

It can be used to easily attach or add uploads to a post. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com