PermaLinks :: Chaining

By gregThomas - August 22, 2013

Hi Larry,

Have you had a chance to try running the two plugins side by side yet? If you have did you run into any specific problems?

As both plugins do very similar things it might be worth suggesting on the product description that users don't run both plugins side by side, and use one or the other.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By jenolan - August 22, 2013

Not yet, the problem will be that I expect to be the code called from .htaccess as the default file, seems to me to be pretty simple to just allow for a hook point...

So far as the two being the same they seriously aint!   Your is meant to handle links and just flick them in affiliate processing involves keeping track of impressions split a/b testing and all sorts of other stuff, which is why I suggested a hook as you would be handling the normal internal style links the person wants to have a pretty links, CALM is meant to track affiliate links only.

---
<?= "Jenolan(Larry) :: Coding Since 1973" ?>
Peace and Long Life

By gregThomas - August 26, 2013

Hi Larry,

You could get users of both plugins to add a function to the permalinks_notFound404.php page that redirects or runs a function for the CALM plugin. The permalinks_notFound404.php file already calls the viewer_functions file. So any functions you added to the CALM plugin would be available on the permalinks_notFound404.php file. Then you'd just need to add instructions to the CALM plugins readme.txt for users who have both plugins.

We've done something similar in the permalinks plugin that explains to users who have both wordpress and CMS Builder on the same server how to get both to use the URL redirect system correctly. 

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com