Need to set defauts for image placement in editor.

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 21, 2013   (RSS)

By rconring - August 21, 2013

Well, as much as I hate to do it, I have a need to alter the TinyMCE defaults on an installation ... specifically the image alignment defaults when an image is placed in a content editor.  The client cannot seem to grasp the concept of left aligning the images and giving a 10 pixel horizontal margin so that the text wraps even though I have showed him countless times over the years.  If I had known when I set up the section that he would want a photo and some text in this field, I could have made separate fields for image and text and controlled the layout on the front end, but it's too late now, so I have gone through all the entries and fixed them and now want to default ALL subsequent images in content editors to left justify with 10px horizontal margin.  Where would I start looking for the code that I would have to alter?  I realize it will affect all editors for all sections, but that's OK since 99% of all need left justified anyway.

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By rconring - August 21, 2013

Thanks for the reply but if I could get him to click on anything I could get him to select Left and enter 10 in the hspace field.  This person, as brilliant as he is, refuses to grasp the concept of positioning, no matter how simple it is!  He is a phenomenon!

I found the answer and it is perfect for this situation since it can be overridden if other positioning is required.

The HTML for the image pop-up is in the file /cmsAdmin/3rdParty/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/image.htm.  It is a simple matter to set the default values for whatever you want.

It is fixed!

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By mizrahi - August 21, 2013

Glad to hear you found a solution.

By gregThomas - August 21, 2013

Hi Ron,

Glad you've got it working. Thanks for explaining the steps you went through to add the fix.

Cheers

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com