Search section editor using date range

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 6, 2013   (RSS)

By gversion - August 5, 2013

Hello,

Is it possible to carry out an Advanced Search on a Section Editor based on a date range?

I can see that there is a "searchType" for "day, month, year" but I can't get them to work correctly so I'm hoping someone can offer some guidance please.

I have tried to setup a new field under the "Searching" tab on my Section Editor as follows:

Date Range|createdDate|month

However, when I just type in a month number (e.g. "07") the listings from July do not appear. Could someone please clarify how I can search by date?

Ideally I could search for listings between a date range by typing something like this into two search fields:

From Date: 2013-07-01
To Date: 2013-08-01

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg

By gregThomas - August 5, 2013

Hi Greg,

This is possible, the post below explains how to set it up:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2229751#post2229751

Let me know if you have any problems integrating this system.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gregThomas - August 6, 2013

Hi Greg,

I would recommend upgrading to the latest version, as there was an update that improved date filtering in a recent version. Are you trying to filter records by the createdDate? As the filtering system does work on this field, but the advanced search doesn't add a date picker as createdDate is technically a hidden field. But if you enter the date in the correct format it will still filter on the date correctly.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

By gversion - August 6, 2013

Hi Greg,

Yes, I am trying to filter by createdDate. I still can't get the results to filter correctly even when I try and enter the date in the correct format (e.g. 2013-07-17) but I will upgrade and see if that helps...

Many thanks,

Greg

By gregThomas - August 6, 2013

Hi Greg,

I've just added a post that shows you how to add a date picker to a created date field in an advanced search here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum-posts.php?postNum=2231463#post2231463

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas