Client issue - saving removes formatting

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 22, 2013   (RSS)

By mizrahi - July 18, 2013

I have a client that has suddenly started having issues with their CMS. When they save a record, the formatting in WYSIWYG boxes gets removed entirely returning a single paragraph.

We are not experiencing this issue with their CMS at all. It's only happening on their computers.

Has anyone seen something like this before? What could be causing this to happen?

By gregThomas - July 18, 2013

Hi mizrahi,

I've not heard of this specific problem before. Is the formatting being corrupted when they view the record on the front end of the site as well as in CMS Builder? Also which operating system and browser are they using?

Cheers

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By gregThomas - July 19, 2013

Hi mizrahi,

Please could you fill out a second level support request for me? You can find the form here:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Then I'll see if I can replicate the issue.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

By mizrahi - July 19, 2013

Submitted. Thanks.

By gregThomas - July 22, 2013

Hi mizrahi,

I was able to replicate the issue by using IE10, when I saved a record all of the formatting would disappear. When I checked the General settings I noticed that the site was running an old version of CMS Buider (I think it was version 2.05), so I've upgraded it to the latest version of CMS builder. Having a newer version of the WYSIWYG seems to have resolved the issue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas