SMTP not working (for me) with v2.53

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 10, 2013   (RSS)

By Deborah - June 7, 2013 - edited: June 8, 2013

UPDATED 06/08/2013 8:46AM EST

I have resolved this issue. It seems this particular web server will only communicate with the SMTP server if the mail server's host name is used (i.e. mail44.hostingcompany, instead of mail.domainname.com). Sorry for the false alarm!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. This message is intended for the Interactive Tools support team.

I've appreciated CMSB's new SMTP mail feature (now the required sending method with my hosting co.) and have had successful installs on a few v2.52 sites.

Today I'm having an issue my first v2.53 install. Testing with the password reminder form and my admin user account, I'm not receiving the mail (yes, checked spam folder).

It seems that CMSBuilder may not be connecting to the SMTP server. I am able to send mail from the mail account directly and have verified login credentials. Hosting co. says no issues reported with the mail server.

Not sure if this is meaningful, but I noticed in the General Setting next to "SMTP Hostname & Port" there is usually an indication of the default port, usually 25, but with this install, the default number is missing. I've tried port 25 and port 50, but no luck.No mail received on this end.

What should I check/do next? Hoping for some guidance.

Thanks.
Deborah