Not Viewing Correctly

18 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 23, 2013   (RSS)

By knight_oWL19 - May 21, 2013

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies :) I'm in finals right now and have been super swamped; not able to respond too quickly. 

I see that the WYSIWYG is none too popular...I can definitely switch to text boxes/fields (in some), however it seems weird that the WYSIWG is still defaulting <p> tags, even when I put the info. directly in the html editor.  It also seems as though the WYSIWG is not something that a client can really use now.  I threw the CMS together quickly and went wild on the WYSIWG editors, however can go back and change to a usual format.  But in the past, I've used the WYSIWG editors in certain areas and have not had this spacing problem.  It's nice for the clients to use b/c of how friendly the interface is.   

I will try this again and see how it goes. thanks,

ep

also - is there no other work around on this? 

& - when I use use text fields can i insert </br> tags right in the input field so that the text displays properly? 

By gkornbluth - May 21, 2013 - edited: May 21, 2013

Hi Knight_oWL,

It seems that as the WYSIWYG editor is upgraded to more current versions, there are more caveats to make sure of. Especially when text is copied from a word processor. That's a big reason why many of us have shied away from it.

You can certainly  insert <br /> tags in the text of a text field, but remember that  they are automatically inserted when you use a carriage return in a text box.

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By knight_oWL19 - May 21, 2013

what is a carriage return?

By gkornbluth - May 22, 2013 - edited: May 22, 2013

Guess I did...

But a picture of my newest computer is attached

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php
Attachments:

usbtypegreyroyal.jpg 277K

By Steve99 - May 22, 2013

That is awesome...

By knight_oWL19 - May 23, 2013

haha - nice. 

Thanks for the advice.  I will try this and see how it goes :)

ep

By Codee - May 23, 2013

hahaha!  At least there is no white-out on the screen!! ;-)