Base URL in Membership Plugin

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: May 15, 2013   (RSS)

By Toledoh - April 11, 2013

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to use <?php echo PREFIX_URL ?>, and in the membership plugin (and probably others) I have;

// UPDATE THESE VALUES
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_LOGIN_FORM_URL']  = '/user-login.php';                 // url to login form
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_SIGNUP_URL']      = '/user-signup.php';                // signup url linked to from the login page
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_REMINDER_URL']    = '/user-password-request.php';      // password reminder url linked to from the login page
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_RESET_URL']       = '/user-password-reset.php';        // password reminder url linked to from the login page
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_PROFILE_URL']     = '/user-profile.php';               // url to "edit my profile" page

How do I add <?php echo PREFIX_URL ?> to these?

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By gregThomas - April 12, 2013

Hi Tim,

This should work:

// UPDATE THESE VALUES
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_LOGIN_FORM_URL']  = PREFIX_URL.'/user-login.php';                 // url to login form
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_SIGNUP_URL']      = PREFIX_URL.'/user-signup.php';                // signup url linked to from the login page
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_REMINDER_URL']    = PREFIX_URL.'/user-password-request.php';      // password reminder url linked to from the login page
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_RESET_URL']       = PREFIX_URL.'/user-password-reset.php';        // password reminder url linked to from the login page
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_PROFILE_URL']     = PREFIX_URL.'/user-profile.php';               // url to "edit my profile" page
$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_LOGIN_REQUIRED_FIELDS'] = array('agree_tos','agree_legal');  // if user is logged in and any of these fields exist and are blank (or zero) they will be redirected to the profile url with ?missing_fields=1 set

So the I've amended the PREFIX_URL constant to the beginning of each string.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Toledoh - April 12, 2013

Thanks!

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Toledoh - May 15, 2013

Hey equinox.

I found that if I'm staging a site on an IP address with a /~sitename/ prior to going live (this is how my hosting works) the membership plugin would refer to the root folder rather than the ~sitename/

iTools are aware of this, and my understanding is that it will be fixed along with other similar little bits that are easily fixed currently.

I have to say - this basic step is a huge benefit to me, previously I would have to "find and replace" before going live, and I always managed to miss a piece that the client found...

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Toledoh - May 15, 2013

Hey equinox.

I found that if I'm staging a site on an IP address with a /~sitename/ prior to going live (this is how my hosting works) the membership plugin would refer to the root folder rather than the ~sitename/

iTools are aware of this, and my understanding is that it will be fixed along with other similar little bits that are easily fixed currently.

I have to say - this basic step is a huge benefit to me, previously I would have to "find and replace" before going live, and I always managed to miss a piece that the client found...

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Codee - May 15, 2013

Thanks Tim! I thought it might be something to that effect, or mirroring. Just wanted to ensure I wasn't missing anything important (as I do way too often). Thanks.