strange new error occuring, after GoDaddy moved site to grid hosting

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 20, 2013   (RSS)

By Codee - March 28, 2013

One of my clients sites, on Godaddy Deluxe Linux hosting, started moving very VERY slow, for weeks.  After working with their tech support, and showing the problem on their end, they stated that the only solution they have is to move to their newer grid hosting (from this legacy server).  The client agreed to it. Warning, it was not as "smooth and seamless" as Godaddy promised. I had to rewrite a lot of the section pages, but I actually expected it.  Anyway, the site is still using CMSB v2.17 (and wanting to upgrade), and it's running faster, but still pretty slow at some points...which is disconcerting.  While waiting for simple "save record" functions to occur this evening, I had 3 episodes of a unique error on a screen.

The screen was a dim goldenrod, and in red letters was this error:

"XML Parsing Error: unexpected parser state
Location: jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/omni.ja!/chrome/toolkit/content/global/netError.xhtml
Line Number 305, Column 54:        <div id="ed_netTimeout">&netTimeout.longDesc;</div>"

I am using Firefox 19.2 when it occured. Any thoughts? Thanks.

By Dave - March 28, 2013

Hi equinox, 

Google seems to suggest that might be a known Firefox bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=569229

What happens in other browsers? It could just be due to the site being slow.  It might be worth upgrading the CMSB to the latest version to rule out any other issues (files being corrupted, etc) and there has been some optimizations in recent versions.

After that, you could try determine if the site in general goes slow sometimes, or whether specific pages are the issue, then go from there.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Codee - March 28, 2013

Thanks, Dave. In the back of my mind I was wondering if there may have been degradation issues to some of the files, and if upgrading would possibly solve that since it'd basically be like a new install...and you answered that question, too! Cheers!