Remove Preview Button from entire CMS

9 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 12, 2013   (RSS)

By Mikey - April 11, 2013

I've never been able to get the preview button to work on any of my websites for as long as I can remember. i have no doubt it is related to how I'm setting up CMS Builder installation. When I click the preview button I just get an error page. Anyone know how I can permantlly remove the preview button within CMS Builder For all types of editors?

i tried to find this in the forum, but had no luck finding what I felt was what I needed. Thanks Zick 

By Codee - April 11, 2013

In each section's editor, under the "Viewer URLs" tab you should see:

List Page URL:

Details Page URL:

Preview Page URL:

Typically, if you put the relative URL that is for the list page in to the preview page URL, then when you click the "Preview" button from the section database listings page, it'll open up the list page URL in your browser window.

I'm not sure where in CMSB you would completely eliminate that button, however, I suspect it's most likely in an area that,if you make a change, would get overwritten when you upgrade.

By Mikey - April 12, 2013

Yea, the problem with that is that I'm not using list pages for many of my sites and going directly to the details page for Category pages. I found where I can edit it out in the code, but I think I'm going to try to build a plugin to to do it for me automatically.

By gregThomas - April 12, 2013

Hi Zick

Which version of CMS Builder are you using? There was a bug in version 2.51 that stopped the preview system from working.

Thanks

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Mikey - April 12, 2013

V2.51 for the site that I need to apply this to immediately. But I also need to remove the preview button for some older versions as well... going back to version 2.15.

Hi Zick,

Do you have a copy of version 2.52 or later of CMS Builder to upgrade the 2.51 site to? If not, you can fill out a second level support request here:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

And I can upgrade the site to the latest version of CMS Builder for you. 

If you want to disable the preview button for a section on some of your other sites, you can do it by going to the Section Editors menu, clicking the modify link on the section you want to stop previews on. On the section modification page navigate to the advanced tab and check the  Don't allow previewing records check box.

Thanks

Greg

Greg Thomas

Sounds great! 

Cheers

Greg

Greg Thomas

By Codee - April 12, 2013

If you have the ip address of the new site, you can provide that instead of the domain name for ftp'ng. That way the site could still get updated sooner...even before the dns propagation completes. Just a thought.