strange new error occuring, after GoDaddy moved site to grid hosting

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 20, 2013   (RSS)

By Dave - March 28, 2013

Hi equinox, 

Google seems to suggest that might be a known Firefox bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=569229

What happens in other browsers? It could just be due to the site being slow.  It might be worth upgrading the CMSB to the latest version to rule out any other issues (files being corrupted, etc) and there has been some optimizations in recent versions.

After that, you could try determine if the site in general goes slow sometimes, or whether specific pages are the issue, then go from there.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Codee - March 28, 2013

Thanks, Dave. In the back of my mind I was wondering if there may have been degradation issues to some of the files, and if upgrading would possibly solve that since it'd basically be like a new install...and you answered that question, too! Cheers!

By Mikey - April 20, 2013 - edited: April 20, 2013

There's definitely something strange going on in my FireFox - it's painfully slow to do anything in the section editor. For example I tried to change the input values for an upload field, I clicked modified and I got the loading bar, loading, loading, loading..... While Firefox was thinking about trying to load the pop-up panel, I launched Chrome, logged in to the cms, went to section editor, clicked on my menu name I wanted to edit, I then clicked on the table I wanted to edit, made my change, saved, backed out of section editor, logged into THIS forum, started writing this message (okay Fire Fox just opened the pop-up panel).

I even tried a fresh install of FireFox, with no additional plugins or add-ons and still had the same issue. Some of my other CMS Builder installs run a bit faster in FireFox than others, but I've had ZERO headaches in speed working with Chrome, Safari & CMS Builder. I think my slow speed is certainly a FireFox issue, or possibly a combination of various factors which involve FireFox.

I'm just going to use Chrome for now, wait for a new version of FireFox to come around and see if the slowness issue resolves itself with a FireFox Browser upgrade.