403 Not Found Error

8 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 18, 2013   (RSS)

By Perchpole - March 15, 2013

Hi, Gang -

I added a new single-page editor called Globals (globals). It has about 10 fields used for defining the basic site settings.

Today I went to change one of the settings and as soon as I clicked on the link I was greeted with a blank 403 error page:

Not Found
The requested URL /403.shtml was not found on this server.

Permalinks Dispatcher at domain.co.uk Port 80

I went to Admin > section editors > globals and received the same error message. I can neither modify nor delete the entry.

I checked the database via phpMyAdmin and the globals table looks fine.

I also checked the data > schema folder on the site and globals.ini.php is there too.

Never seen this one before.

:o(

Perch

By ross - March 18, 2013

Hi Perch

Thanks for posting! My first thought on this one is that the word "globals" is likely considered special on your server and is tripping things up.  Are you able to change the name of the table?  Let me know :). Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Perchpole - March 18, 2013

Hi, Ross -

Thanks for your note. The Globals table is one I've used many times before (on this nad other servers) without problems. That said I could change the name with phpMyAdmin.

Perch

Hi, Equinox -

The prolem is that there is no .shtml file anywhere on the site. Nor is any .shtml referenced from any file on the site - (not even in the htaccess file).

It's a bit of a mystery...!

:0/

Perch

UPDATE!

I have just changed the name of the table from "globals" to "settings" and hey-presto - it's working again.

I suspect the problem wasn't with the server but with the Permalinks plugin. (which you will see mentioned in the error message above.)

:0s

Perch

By Codee - March 18, 2013

So, it seems you were using a reserved name for your section, so the server was trying to send you a "forbidden" notice but you don't have that error page on your server so it provided a 'not found' for a 403 (typically a reserved access issue) problem? It's cool you got it worked out.

No. As I said earlier, I use a globals table on almost every CMSB set-up I have (20+).

The difference in this case is the site has the Permalinks plugin installed.

Perch