Saving changes

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 13, 2013   (RSS)

By MercerDesign - March 12, 2013

My client is having problems saving, sometimes they can save then they'll go back to the same article the next day and it won't let them save. When I do updates for them I have no problems at all. They have got different login details for me as I have access to the admin. This morning it seemed to go through the process of saving and it had said that it had saved but nothing had changed on the live site. Can you please help.

By Dave - March 12, 2013

Hi MercerDesign, 

Is it possible they're leaving changes open in their browser overnight and then saving in the morning and getting logged out? If this is the case you'd see the login screen or get an HTML error.  The fix would be to increase the "Login Timeouts" to 1 week under: Admin > General

It kind of sounds like a caching issue, though.  I'm guessing that either the users browser, their internet provider, or the web server is caching content.  

Some questions for you:

• Has anyone been able to recreate this issue besides the client (eg: is it specific to their computer, and location)?
  • How often does it occur? (x times out of 10)
  • If they try making a small change to a title, for example, does the old content still show in the CMS or the website, or both?
  • At any point are the being asked to login again?

If you can find out some more information I can try to help.  Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By MercerDesign - March 13, 2013

Hi Dave

Please see my comments from my client below:

• Has anyone been able to recreate this issue besides you (eg: is it specific to their computer, and location)? No anyone using Internet explorer is having the same problem whether they are using their own computer at home or a College computer. 
  • How often does it occur? (x times out of 10) each time we try to update something
  • If you are trying making a small change to a title, for example, does the old content still show in the CMS or the website, or both? both
  • At any point are you being asked to login again? No

Also they are saving straight away.

By MercerDesign - March 13, 2013

Hi Dave

I have since found out that it is only the home page that they are having problem with.

By Dave - March 13, 2013

Hi MercerDesign, 

I'd recommend upgrading to the latest version:

1. Check they have PHP 5.2.4+ and MySQL 5+ first as the server requirements have changed
  2. Download an upgrade: http://www.interactivetools.com/order/upgrade.php
  3. Follow the upgrade instructions: http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/upgrade.html
  4. Upgrades are almost always fast and easy.

And if you're still having the problems email me CMS/FTP login credentials to dave@interactivetools.com (don't post passwords to the forum) along with short instructions to reproduce the problem in IE including URLs.  

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com