'template_id'   => 'PUBLISH-REQUEST-USER',
     'placeholders'  => array(
       'name'          => 'Greg',
       'cause'    => $causeInfo['title'],
       'url'           => 'http://www.google.com',
       'email'         => $CURRENT_USER['email'],
 )));
 $errorsAndAlerts    = sendMessage($emailHeaders);

The template_id variable is the template that you want to use. The placeholders is an array of items that can be passed into the template and displayed. 

For example if I wanted to display the name of a user in the template I would add #name# into the content WYSIWYG editor for a template. Then when the e-mail was sent the #name# would be replaced with Greg.

You can also override items you have set in the template using the following variables:

$emailHeaders = emailTemplate_loadFromDB(array(
    'template_id'        => 'USER-ACTION-NOTIFICATION',
    'placeholders'       => $placeholders,
    'override-from'      => 'test@example.com' //override who the e-mail appears from.
    'override-to'        => 'test2@example.com' //override who the e-mail goes to. 
    'override-subject''  => 'This is a test' //override the subject line.
    'override-html'      => '<html><body><h1>TEST</h1></body></html>' //override the content of the e-mail.
  ));

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Dave - February 21, 2013

And we're going to be adding a code generator for this in 2.52 beta (not yet released).  Changelog:
- Programmers: Added "Export showMessage() PHP" option to Email Templates menu under Advanced Commands

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By gversion - February 21, 2013

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses. I will get back to you if I have any more questions. The Code Generator will be a big help so I look forward to seeing that!

Kind regards,

Greg