Plugin Updates: Save & Copy v1.04 Released (Feb 7)

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: March 5, 2013   (RSS)

By Dave - February 7, 2013

Hello All, 

Just wanted to let you know we've released an update to our free plugin, Save & Copy: 
http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/detail.php?Save-Copy-Button-1030

This plugin makes it fast and easy to duplicate records and create new ones, we open use it when entering mockup content for new websites.

This version fixes some issues that preventing you from uploading a file after copying, here's the changelog: 

*** Feb 6, 2013 - Version 1.04 Released

- CMS version required: v2.51
- Uploading new files to just copied records now supported (you previously needed to reload edit form first)
- Copying a record will now copy the info field data associated with the uploads (caption, description, etc)

Let me know any questions, thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By Codee - February 20, 2013

FYI. I just installed a fresh CMSB site, with ver 2.17 and save-and-copy 1.03. It started erroring so I swapped in ver 1.04 of new save-and-copy (and changed out the lines of code in the default menu files according to readme.txt). Error still occurs. What is happening is the text "Copy of..." that normally appears in the title field is showing up in a lower field (in this case, called "score") and the page errors when trying to view publicly. If the code dropped in to the score field is deleted the record views fine. I've attached a screenshot.

By Dave - February 20, 2013

Hi equinox, 

Are you able to upgrade to 2.51?  That would be the simplest solution.

The plugin is configured to add "Copy Of " to the beginning of the first text field.  So if you didn't want that added to score_1 you could drag another field to the top or just add another text field at the top.

Let me know if that works for you.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By Codee - March 5, 2013

Sorry I didn't get back and post here sooner...solution worked fine. Thanks!