Customer Support and Tracking System for CMS Builder

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 19, 2013   (RSS)

By Toledoh - January 17, 2013

I've often wanted to implement soemthign like that also, but never gotten around to it.  It could also be used for a CRM  / job tracking tool.

Would be great to get the email download plugin working with it also, so any email with the ticket number in it, and/or the senders email could be captured in the trail.

Sorry I don't have any workign code for you though :(

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Mikey - January 17, 2013

Want to team up and build one?

It's been a while since I've actually used one, so I'd have to put together a punch list of what I think it would need... how about you do the same. We can then take our punch list and see where to go from there. It's a must have for one of my projects I'm developing for a small town, so I have to build one that works with CMS Builder, or I'll have to use some third party script.

I'd prefer to have it all powered within  CMS Builder.

So here's my punch list that I can think of off the top of my head without research:

CMS Builder Customer Issue Reporting Tracking System

1) A form for a site visitor to summit / report an issue. The form will have at least these minimum requirements...

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Email
  • A set of check boxes that are automatically created within CMS Builder, based on the Admin's check box option requirements.
  • A drop down list of Town Department categories. (For my need, this may include: down powerline, gas spill, abandoned car, natural gas leak, etc.
  • Message box for site visitor to post their message, report an issue or comment.

Other form features that may need to be included are:

• What's the street address where the problem exist
  • Is there a hazard that this issue creates?

2) The form is summited:

And creates an account for the user.

Creates a tracking number for the issue.

Sends an email message to the person in charge of the category selected for the issue, with the tracking number and a link to login and follow up on the issue.

Delivers the site visitor to a page listing the issue they reported, with a tracking number, along with an email delivery and a link to login and follow up on the issue.

3) Cron job

• A cron job deliveries the current status of the issue with the tracking number (X) amount of days later - via email, along a link to log in and access the issue reported and submit additional information as needed.

4) The tracking progress

• The user can revisit the issue they have reported, by logging into the account they have created at any time and see the current status.
  • The person in charge of the category selected for the issue can login and submit a response on the actions that are or have been taken to resolve the issue. Once the response has been saved an email message fires off to the originator of the report via email indicating that a response has been added to the issue they reported, along with the tracking number and link to login and see the current status.
  • The person in charge of resolving the issue, will have tools that they can use to show various levels of the actions taken to resolve the issue and carry through to a final solution making the case as close and issue resolved. Which also fires off an email message to the originator of the message that the issue has been resolved and thanking them for reporting the issue.

5) Tracking System Reports / Reporting Tools:

• Those in charge of the resloving the issue that has been reported would have access only to the tracking numbers / issues reported for the areas that the Town Department covers.
  • The Town Department person in charge of resolving the issue reported, would have the ability to select and export reports of their choosing, which would include all the information associated with the tracking number, it's progress to resolution and case closed.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment. If you have any better or other suggestions for this punch list, please feel free to add to it. Once we have a solid strategy in place, we can look into what it will take to build.

Zick

By Toledoh - January 19, 2013

Hey Zick,

I'll put some thoughts to it, and get back to you - but I won't be able to do much at the moment, things are a bit busy...

How quickly do you need to get it done?

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)