Login | Sign up | Toll-Free: 1-800-752-0455

By kacrism - March 25, 2010 - edited: March 25, 2010

Hi everybody!

I had changed my store method of my information. I decided to change from flat file to database mysql.

I did that in the admin panel > Database Setting > Change I gave the database's information and I watch the database on mysql with the articles, publishing rules, account and other table, but I am a litle confused because I thought that all the new information will be showed with the database information, but in fact the information is showed by the flat file.

For example, if I put a new article, the article is saved on the database correctly, but in the web page I saw a url like this http://site.com.mx/new_nota.php if you see the file new_data.php is all the information, in a flat file, and at the same time you can see this information on the database, is this a correct behavoir?

Or do I have to do something else on my publishing rules, for showing the info from database and not from the flat file?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Re: [kacrism] mysql problem

Hi there!

Changing the database storage method changes just that -- the storage. The publishing doesn't change, and Article Manager continues to create static HTML files (or php files, in your case) based on the data from the database. Nothing on the front end will change, so that's working as intended. :)

Re: [Donna] mysql problem

Could this storage method (database) improve how the server displays the web pages against the method of file flat? Saving your info on database is faster than flat files? What could be the improvement?

Thanks a lot!!!