• Archived  

By Kimber - December 9, 2009

[font "Times New Roman"]Hello,

[font "Times New Roman"]

[font "Times New Roman"]I offer free printables and several of the have the same instructions. I wanted to add a check box (or what ever works) where when adding a printable to my web site instead of having to put my instruction in the content box each time I add a new printable that I would be able to check a box which would add the article (instructions) but when I went to add a check box the description is a small box.

[font "Times New Roman"]

[font "Times New Roman"]After adding the content I need to add I would have in my create article check a boxes for the correct instructions:

[font "Times New Roman"]

[font "Times New Roman"]Examples:

[font "Times New Roman"]

[font "Times New Roman"]If I add stationery then I could check the box stationery article and that article would show on the finished web page.

[font "Times New Roman"]

[font "Times New Roman"]If I add a gift card wrapper then I could check the box gift card wrapper instructions and that article would show on the finished web page.

[font "Times New Roman"]

[font "Times New Roman"]Can this be done? If so, how?

[font "Times New Roman"]

[font "Times New Roman"]Thank you

[font "Times New Roman"]Kimberly

Re: [Kimber] Database Editor > Field Editor Checkbox Question

• Archived  

By ross - December 9, 2009

Hi Kimberly

Thanks for posting!

There are a bunch of ways to do this :). Do you currently have your items categorized (ie: all the stationary articles are in the Stationary category). If so, you can add a new field to your category editor and have that content appear automatically.

If you have them all in one big category, you can use the checkbox or maybe even a drop down menu and then on your template do something like this:

if value of checkbox is "Stationary"
display all this text

if value of checkbox is "Something Else"
display this other bit of text

And so forth. How does that sound? Let me know about the categories and we'll go from there. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] Database Editor > Field Editor Checkbox Question

• Archived  

By Kimber - December 9, 2009

Hi Ross

I really want to do the checkbox because many printables fall in several catigories.

I know how to go into the database to make the checkbox or list but where do I put my article. The List items or values box is very small and it really can't be format the article in the small box unless I use html in one long string of codes.

Suggestions?
Kimberly

Re: [ross] Database Editor > Field Editor Checkbox Question

• Archived  

By Kimber - December 10, 2009 - edited: December 10, 2009

I tired setting up a simple check box doing the below codes but the text showed on ever article plus the word no. Thoughts?

<!-- templateIf : $article.personalizing$ ne "" -->$article.personalizing$<br>*** TIP: You can type your letter using Microsoft Word, or other word processing software, along with setting font type, size, and color, and then copy and paste the text from the word processor into the personalization area of the free stationery. This lets you control the look of your letter.<br><br><!-- /templateIf -->

and

<!-- templateIf : $article.personalizing$ ne "" --><br>*** TIP: You can type your letter using Microsoft Word, or other word processing software, along with setting font type, size, and color, and then copy and paste the text from the word processor into the personalization area of the free stationery. This lets you control the look of your letter.<br><br>$article.personalizing$<!-- /templateIf -->

I attached a screenshot of my checkbox settings.
Kimberly
Attachments:

example_004.jpg 45K

Re: [Kimber] Database Editor > Field Editor Checkbox Question

• Archived  

By Donna - December 11, 2009

Hi Kimber,

Since a checkbox shows either "Yes" or "No", it's always got a value, and your templateIf is only set to show if there's no value at all. So, change that to:

<!-- templateIf : $article.personalizing$ eq "Yes" -->

...then it'll only show when the checkbox is actually checked.

I hope this helps!
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com