I spent 1/2 hour looking in the forums, so I though it was save to post this question.
If it is already here please direct me to the thread.

What is the template code to display what items are selected in a Multiple Choice Field?
I want to display checked or uncheck graphics with text.
I can handle the HTML part, just need the AM logic code.
I have attached a screen shot of the data field.

All the best,
-Jon

Re: [dmsid] Display Multiple Choice Selections

Hi Jon,

Can you reply with the screen shot of the data field attached. It didn't get attached with your post.
---------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Damon Edis
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] Display Multiple Choice Selections

Sure thing.

Hi Jon,

Same as any other field, you just need the placeholder, so in your case, $article.plantusdazone$

This will generate a comma delimited list of all options selected in the multiple-choice box.

I hope this helps!
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Display Multiple Choice Selections

Nope, does not help. Here is what I was trying to ask.
I need to know how I can take action on the individual items that are checked.
So if they check specific boxes, I can do specific things.

So if they select options 1 and 2 I can have the template take specific actions based on what they selected. Just getting a comma list does not make this field very useful. If each one of these options were its own field I could take action in the template. Are you telling me that the pulldown menu has no real functionality? Wow, I sure hope not.

All the best,
-Jon

Hi there,

The list field isn't really intended for that purpose -- it's really just for lists, not for designating individual options like that.

However, you could use a single checkbox field (instead of the list field), and simply create a new field for each possibility, then you could easily do specific actions on each checkbox.
Donna

--

Re: [Donna] Display Multiple Choice Selections

Ouch, that could get ugly. But will have to do it.

OK, add that to the it really should do that list for the future versions. Multiple Choice should be more than just a list.

THANKS.

All the best,
-Jon

Hi Jon,

Well, it's not really a multiple choice field... it's a list field. That's working as intended. :)

The checkbox field is intended to be used as a multiple choice field, that's what it's there for. In the end, it'll end up taking the same amount of space on the front end, and be a lot easier to designate in the templates as well (as each option will have its own placeholder.) In other words, how I've described using it is how it was designed to work. :)
Donna

--

Simple - AM is designed to do this. Your template needs to include a server-side scripting language, like ASP or PHP. Insert the placeholder in your code, probably an IF...THEN (you may need to enclose it in quotes). Let your server-side script do the work.

Simple!