Re: [BillG] TCME WYSIWYG Editor Problem

Hi BillG,

If you want our help, great, please just stick to the facts and provide us with information so we can help you.

I wrote the software, so I know how it works. But if you don't fill out a 2nd level support ticket, it will never get escalated to me and I'll never have the opportunity to help you.

Additionally, you should know that we don't provide free support for everything. So sometimes you will hear a "no". It doesn't mean it's not possible. It just means it's not something we cover with free support.

And yes, my staff, being human, aren't always going to think of the solution to your problem first. But berating them because they didn't doesn't help. You'll even sometimes get different answers from different people. I often have customers showing me things I didn't realize were possible... and I _made_ the software. It's just how it goes when you build tools like this.

Anyways, if you want help, please just stick to the facts and provide us with the information so we can help you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
Thank you. I'm very sorry if my frustration came across as rude.

I will start a new thread on my most pressing problem.

Re: [BillG] TCME WYSIWYG Editor Problem

In order to help me bust my problem, I went ahead an submitted a Level 2 request. My site still is NOT showing TCME on IE, regardless of IE version. However, it is working with Firefox, so I told our editors to go ahead and use Firefox in the interim. Not a solution, but a definite work-around.
Matt Bittner
Software Engineer
Internet Modeler

Re: [mbittner] TCME WYSIWYG Editor Problem

mbittner, have you tried it in IE8 with and without Compatibility mode?

Also, do you have any hotlinking prevention mechanisms on your site, like entries in a .htaccess file? It can sometimes prevent IE (not firefox) from showing tinyMCE because of HTTP Header differences between the browsers. If so, try temporarily disabling your hotlinking prevention and see if you can see tinyMCE in AM. Let me know if that's the problem and I can give you some suggestions.