Login | Sign up | Toll-Free: 1-800-752-0455

Forum

Hello again,

I am trying to write PHP code into a single page category.

I unchecked the "Remove Code Blocks" option in Admin -> General Settings but the programme still strips away my PHP code.

For example, I write:

<?php echo "Hello World!"; ?>

and Artman2 returns:

<!--p echo "Hello World!";-->

Can you tell me please how to rectify this.

What I am placing on this page is a form that searches a database.

Thanks
Terry

Re: [terryally] Disabling code block

Hi Terry,

What kind of field are you entering that into? A text field, a wysiwyg field...?
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Disabling code block

Hi Donna,

A wysiwyg field.

Terry

If you try entering your PHP into a plain text field, does it keep it, or does it strip it out the same way?
Donna

--

Hi Terry,

Yep, it's generally not a good idea to insert code into a WYSIWYG field... odd things can happen. :)

If you keep the PHP to text-based fields, you should have no problem.
Donna

--

Then I have a big problem, don't I? If I disable the WYSIWYG for a few pages, I jeopardise the others.

I am truly sorry that I did not know this inadequacy of the programme before I bought it.

Hi there,

Not quite sure what you mean by jeopardise? Text fields & WYSIWYG fields aren't too different, especially if you've got enough skill to enter straight PHP into a field.

Alternately, you could add an additional text field for the PHP code you need, and leave the WYSIWYG fields as is? Would something like that work?
Donna

--

Donna, I am not really sure how else to explain this. I can clearly not doing a good job at communicating the problem I am having with AM.

I am looking around for another CMS that could handle what I want. I am somewhat disappointed with InteractiveTool. Your AM1 was great and was very well documented. Your online manuals were superb. Then comes along AM2, a much more complex programme that met a lot of requested features but I feel that I've bought a programme and then just let loose to tinker with it. The online documentation is sparse. I have learnt things by trial and error. That experience combined with the quality of assistance here in the forums and the quality of your online documentation leads me to believe that I erred in purchasing this programme. But it's my fault not yours.

In Joomla I could insert code blocks in WYSIWYG.

Based on whaty you said, this is the "jeopardy": My content area is a WYSIWYG and I need it to be. I also need on maybe two or three of these pages to insert some PHP to retrieve data from my SQL database. When you said that PHP coding could only be insert in text fields, then I am not prepared to change my content area into a text field to accommodate PHP for a couple of page. The net result of doing that is that I would have to write my HTML code by hand for further article.

If you cannot understand the above, I am incapable of explaining it better and I would close this thread.

I am actively looking to replace AM.

Regards