Login | Sign up | Toll-Free: 1-800-752-0455

Forum

Re: [terryally] Unexpected T-String error in next page navigation

Hi Terry,

It's hard to say exactly without being able to see the server directly. It looks like there's just one article causing the problem, since if I tell it to display 100 articles, I get the same error... it looks like it's the 41st article causing the issue, as showing 40 works, but 41 doesn't.

To help you track down what is showing as the 41st article, the 40th is "Envisioning: linking past to future" -- so, the one that should come after that is the one you'll want to look at. :)

I usually only see this on pages using PHP if they've got an <?xml> declaration (because PHP tries to parse anything starting with <? as PHP), but if that was the case, I'd expect to see the error more consistently, and not just with one article.

Anyway, this might help you narrow it down, but if not feel free to fill in a support request and I can pop in and see if I can find what in that article is causing the problem. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Unexpected T-String error in next page navigation

By terryally - May 22, 2009 - edited: May 22, 2009

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your speedy response.

I've had a look and it's sorta temperamental.

There are a lot of special characters in all the articles. I assume the folks copy and pasted from Word or elsewhere. I rectified those in article 41 but the error still popped up. So I changed the status of the article to hidden and I got passed it to the next. But then it would not show up article 42. I change the characters in that and it showed up. Did the same for 43 but it did not.

I back-tracked and it would not go pass 39 now.

On the template I am using a PHP code (see below) to trim the number of characters in the summary to 150. I've removed this and it all displays fine.

So this seems to be the problem. Is there another way of achieving this in Artman2?

Cheers

<?php
$summary = "$article.summary$";
$max = 300;
if (strlen($summary) > $max)
$summary = substr($summary, 0, strrpos(substr($summary, 0, $max), ' '));
?>

<?php echo $summary; ?>

Hi Donna,

So this seems to be the problem. Is there another way of achieving this in Artman2?

I found the answer to my question while working on the social networking links. It's below.

$article.summary:maxWords(40):textOnly$

Hi Terry,

Glad to hear you got that figured out! :) Let me know if you run into any other problems.
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com