• Archived  

By terryally - October 26, 2008 - edited: October 28, 2008

Good morning,

I've just started using Artman2 and have some questions.

1. How do you create usable PHP extensions? I made the changes in Admin > Settings as well as Admin > General Settings > Dynamic SSI and Code Parsing;

2. The PHP files in existing categories are created on the server but I cannot read them. I get a 500 Server error. I have made changes to the init.pm file as recommended in a [url http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/gforum.cgi?post=57900;search_string=umask;t=search_engine#57900]previous post [/url]here but that does not seem to work. I've also manually changed the permissions but same result;

3. I've created a new category which I understand is to create a new directory but that directory is not being created. The main /publish directory has 0777 permission. I need some assistance with this;

4. When I revert to .shtml extensions and republish all, the SHTML files read okay;

5. Is there a manual somewhere which is as comprehensive as that for Artman1 to which I can refer? The one online seems a bit thin;

Thanks for your help.

Terry

Re: [terryally] Publishing PHP files and 500 Server error

• Archived  

By Donna - October 28, 2008

Hi Terry,

Would I be able to get you to fill out a support request? You can do so here:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support.cgi
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Publishing PHP files and 500 Server error

• Archived  

By terryally - October 28, 2008

Done.

• Archived  

By terryally - November 9, 2008

Dear Donna,

There are further problems which have arisen with php include.

As I am using PHP templates, I've replaced all the SSI includes with PHP include. The problem is that it is including your placeholder which does not translate into my server file path and as a result the server will not process it.

E.g.

The template includes $published.siteHeader.webpath$ which translates as "/oche/publish/include_siteHeader.php"

However the server will only process the full server path which is "/home/(acct name)/www/www/oche/publish/include_siteHeader.php"

Now I hard coded that in BUT your programme is stripping out the "/home/(acct name)/www/www/" and the end result is that the files are not being included.

• Archived  

By Donna - November 10, 2008

Hi Terry,

Try replacing "webpath" with "filepath". The "webpath" will only show the path from the document root, whereas the filepath should show everything from the server root. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com