Hello,

We post dozens of articles in several categories every business day. We also frequently shift article from one category to another. On our home page we prefer to show headlines with links to only those articles posted each day. To change the count we need to go into the publish rule for each category and change the "Limit Results" count.

We currently post a date on our home page using a category called "Date". We change the date of the single article in this category each day.

Is there some way we could write a template if statement for all the categories we need to update to display the results count for articles matching the date of the article in the "Date' category. If not, is some other way to streamline this time consuming process?

Thanks,

jferry

Re: [jferry] Limit Results by Date

Hi jferry,

Thanks for the post!

At the moment I'm not sure what my be possible here. I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind sending in a support request with your ftp and Article Manager login details. I'm thinking that seeing how you currently have things set-up may actually help get a few ideas on what could be done to make the process easier. :)

How does this sound? You can send us a support request using the link below:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support.cgi

Re: [ChetW] Limit Results by Date

Hi Chet,

I create a my.placeholder called date. I will need to update this placeholder daily inserting a date like Jul 13, 2007.

I then created a template if statement relating to this placeholder similar to the following.

[templateIf : $article.date:format(MMM d, yyyy)$ eq '$my.date$']
<span style="font-family:Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif; font-size:8pt;">$article.title$</span>
[/templateIf]

Does this seem like a logical solution?

jferry

Re: [jferry] Limit Results by Date

Hi jferry,

Thanks for the follow-up!

I'm not certain on one thing here, is the code that you have supplied above something that your already using successfully. Or is this a suggestion of something that you think may work?

Re: [ChetW] Limit Results by Date

Hi Chet,

I'm using the code and method now. Just want to get your thought on whether it's a safe practivce.

Thanks,

jferry