Re: [seGAP] Editor entering article on behalf of a Writer

Hi seGAP,

Thanks for the post!

This isn't something that Article Manager is set-up for at the moment, I have however added it to our feature request list so perhaps it will be something included in a later update to Article Manager. :)

Re: [ChetW] Editor entering article on behalf of a Writer

What I do is sign-in on their behalf.

Re: [ChetW] Editor entering article on behalf of a Writer

Thanks Chet.

Also, thanks to Excellence2 for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that's unlikely to work for us as the passwords are considered totally private and not for sharing with anyone.

We'll have to find another way round this.
seGAP

Re: [seGAP] Editor entering article on behalf of a Writer

seGAP,

I actually think this is something I could do with some custom modifications to the interface/database fields. It's probably no more than a couple hours of work. I'd try to do it without any template modifications, so that future upgrading won't be limited.

If you want to discuss this some more just drop an email to me at consulting@interactivetools.com.
Theo Wiersma
Project Manager

Re: [Theo] Editor entering article on behalf of a Writer

Hi Theo,

Did this project proceed?

I'm curious because I want something similar: the ability for an Editor to input on behalf of a Trusted Writer PLUS the ability to change the createdByUserNum of old articles (Admin only).

In the past my virtual assistants input all our articles. Sometime in the near future, I'd like to allow Trusted Authors to input their own articles AND be able to edit their old articles. And I'm happy to deal with UserNums since this will only be offered on a case-by-case basis.

Peace,
Terri Z
Terri Zwierzynski
Solo-E.com -- Resources for the Solo Entrepreneur Lifestyle
"..because it's not just about the business!"
Finalist for "Website of the Year" in 2007 Stevie(r) Awards for Women in Business

Re: [TerriZ] Editor entering article on behalf of a Writer

Hi Terri Z,

Thanks for the post!

Theo isn't actually here over the weekend, what I'll do is leave this post open so that he can follow-up with you on Monday. In the meantime if you have any othe questions please feel free to ask. :)