Re: [Fredx] Source quality for AM2 - has anyone modified source?

• Archived  

By Dave - May 11, 2007

Our software is designed to give people control without having to be a programmers. We don't often get a lot of questions from programmers. That's likely why you didn't get the responses you were looking for.

We're all based in Vancouver, Canada. Support Staff, developers and all. The wysiwyg editor is a component is written in Javascript and is from another company called Innovastudio. It's one of the few parts of the software we didn't write ourselves.

Article Manager 2 comes will full uncompressed source code that is indented, commented and uses meaningful module, function and variable names.

Form input is stored in 3 global hashes: $FORM, $FORM_ARRAYS, and $FORM_UPLOADS.

The simplest way to filter user input would be to add a few lines of code that iterated over these at the end of the readForm() function in the following module file: /modules/IT/ReadForm.pm

I think you'll find it pretty simple to get it to do what you want. If you don't, we have a 90 day money back guarantee (which is actually just an email form, you don't even have to sign or fax anything). We're proud of our software and stand behind it.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Source quality for AM2 - has anyone modified source?

• Archived  

By Fredx - May 11, 2007

Hi, Dave:

Thank you for your response - this helps my decisionmaking process at this point.

You know, for future enhancements, you might want to consider implementing a WYSIWYG editor postprocessor along the lines of what I am considering. I suspect that a significant number of users would benefit from the ability to touch up the results of importing articles through the editor.

Oh, by the way, I read in a third-party review somewhere that development was based in Australia. I guess that was incorrect?

Cheers,

Fred

• Archived  

By Dave - May 11, 2007

Yea, we've tried a number of wysiwygs over the years. It seems importing msword content nicely is an issue for lots of them. We're always keeping a watch for better components and updating our version of the wysiwyg as the vendors make new releases.

As for Australia, no that's not us. We're in Canada. :)
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By Theo - May 11, 2007

Fredx,

If you're not already, make sure that you're using the "paste from Word" button on the WYSIWYG. Word has a lot of quirky code of its own, so it's important to use that button (it looks like a clipboard with a Word icon on it).

Article Manager will be updated soon with the latest version of the WYSIWYG which includes some improvements to the the paste-from-Word feature.

Hope that helps, Fred! [;)]
Theo Wiersma
Project Manager

Re: [Theo] Source quality for AM2 - has anyone modified source?

• Archived  

By Fredx - May 11, 2007

Hi, Theo:

Actually, I tried both standard paste and "paste from word". Standard paste actually worked much better. I have a test word doc and a summary of test results that I can post if anyone is interested.

Fred

• Archived  

By Dave - May 12, 2007

Yea, if you want to send us the Word document you're cutting and pasting from we can take a look and see if we can figure out what's going on.
interactivetools.com