We want to add a message to the Article Editor page, but we'd prefer to keep it separate from the existing templates.

Should we be able to include it, using SSI include, into templateCell:edit in templates/admin/menus/article.html?

If so, which form of SSI should work. We've tried with both Emulation on and off using #include virtual="message.html" and #include virtual="message.html", but to no avail.

Thanks
seGAP

Re: [seGAP] SSI Include in Admin template

Hi

Thanks for posting!

I don't think includes are going to work on your interface templates because they are dynamic pages. Includes just don't work on pages like that (so it's not an Article Manager specific thing) normally. We have a neat little feature for the search engine that lets it happen but I don't think it's setup for admin.

I am wondering though what you mean by "keep it separate from the existing templates". Would setting up a My Placeholder for the text you need to appear work?

Let me know what you think [:)].
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] SSI Include in Admin template

Thanks Ross,

Yes we're aware that conventional SSI's don't work with Dynamic Pages, but we had also read that AM had its own SSI-Emulation. There didn't seem to be any statement that the Admin templates work differently from the rest of the system, so that's a bit disappointing.

My "keep it separate" comment was because we usually like to have separate includes for any code customisation that we do, as it makes it easier to re-apply after any system upgrades.

As for using a My.placeholder, although its an option I had overlooked, it probably won't work for us as the message needs to be changed by a CronJob (which we had planned to simply overwrite the Included file as and when necessary. Manual update of a My.placeholder by the admin user probably won't be sufficiently timely.

So is the "Emulated SSI" something that could be retro-fitted to admin.cgi? (either by InteractiveTools, or as a custom change with hints from the community)

Thanks
seGAP

Hi seGAP,

Thanks for the follow-up!

This is something that would be more of a custom programming job which we're not set-up t take on at the moment. That being said there may be members in the community that could help you out. :)

Does this help? If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Hi seGAP,

Thanks for the follow-up!

Setting up the SSI emulation in the admin program would be a pretty core functionality change, myself I'm not actual a Perl developer and don't really know the best place to start. Perhaps you may want to look through the moudule files to get a feel for how the admin section works. :)

Does this help? If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.