Newsletter Manger unsubscribe - can we confirm first?

By Deborah - December 28, 2012

I'm checking out the new Newsletter Manager add-on and when viewing my own subscription to the IT newsletter, decided to click the "click this link to unsubscribe" at the bottom of the message. I thought I'd be delivered to a page to confirm this action, but instead see the message "Thank you, you've been unsubscribed and will no longer receive emails!"

Now I'll have to go sign up again...

It would be good to have at least one more click-through to insure that the newsletter recipient is serious and/or didn't click the link by mistake. Is this possible to set up with this add on?

Thanks.
Deborah

By Deborah - January 3, 2013

Greg, thanks for the helpful suggestions. If I purchase the plugin, I'll adopt one of your methods. For the Newsletter Builder "feature wish list", I feel a two-click opt-out is a necessity (or at least should be an option in the newsletter admin settings).

Thanks again!
Deborah

By gkornbluth - January 5, 2013

Hi All,

When someone signs up, they need to confirm their intentions by following a link in an email sent to their email address.

I'd strongly recommend the same approach for unrsubscribing as well.

This would eliminate another possibility for malicious intent.

Just my two cents.

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php