Is it possible to share data across two URLs

4 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 22, 2012   (RSS)

By degreesnorth - October 17, 2012

Hi Support
I was wondering whether it's possible to share data across two URLs, as almost all of the content is the same across the two sites, with only a different logo and different footer.

Otherwise, do you have any suggestions so my client doesn't need to maintain two separate sites?

Thanks

Re: [degreesnorth] Is it possible to share data across two URLs

By gkornbluth - October 18, 2012

Hi,

Are the sites on the same server?

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [greg] Is it possible to share data across two URLs

By InHouse - October 22, 2012

FWIW, it may also depend a bit on your server config. We have one site that has two projects hosted on the same account. The hosting firm calls this an add-on slot but in practice the second site is a another directory under the root. All the site layout files are in there, but the CMS folder remains in it's original (and single) location.

Apart from that, the process was seamless and easy. The client now manages both "sites" from within a single instance of CMSB.

And yes, I checked with the good people at Interactive Tools before I did this to make sure they didn't object. They didn't. They're cool. ;-)

J.