Flash uploader doesn't work with latest version of Chrome

7 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 16, 2012   (RSS)

By Dave - August 7, 2012

Hello All,

Just a heads up that the latest version of Chrome (21.0.1180.60) breaks the flash uploader. If you try to upload you'll get an error saying "User Agent must be Flash, not ..."

A temporary fix is to disable the flash uploader under: Admin > General > Disable Flash Uploader

Or a code fix is to edit /lib/init.php, search for HTTP_USER_AGENT and comment or remove the line that starts with this:
if (!preg_match('/Flash/i', @$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) { die("SHOW_FLASH_ERROR: User Agent must be Flash,

It's related to this bug in Chrome, basically their new flash component "Pepper Flash" is sending the wrong user agent and they have a bug report for it here:
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=134615

Chrome is usually pretty quick to patch issues and automatically push out updates so we're going to wait a little while and see if they automatically fix it (many people are complaining). If they're not quick enough we'll write a workaround for the next release.

Let me know any questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Flash uploader doesn't work with latest version of Chrome

By gkornbluth - August 8, 2012

Dave,

Thanks for the heads up.

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [coliva] Flash uploader doesn't work with latest version of Chrome

By Dave - August 15, 2012

Hi Coliva,

I can't reproduce that in IE9, but try this fix and let me know if it works for you:

Edit /lib/init.php, search for HTTP_USER_AGENT and comment or remove the line that starts with this:
if (!preg_match('/Flash/i', @$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) { die("SHOW_FLASH_ERROR: User Agent must be Flash, ...

And if you still get the error, let me know what it says. Thanks!

interactivetools.com

By Codee - August 16, 2012

Hi Dave!

(just
Or a code fix is to edit /lib/init.php, search for HTTP_USER_AGENT and comment or remove the line that starts with this:
if (!preg_match('/Flash/i', @$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) { die("SHOW_FLASH_ERROR: User Agent must be Flash,

oes your temporary code fix actually correct the issue or does it just disable the flash uploader automatically?
Thanks!

Re: [equinox69] Flash uploader doesn't work with latest version of Chrome

By Dave - August 16, 2012

Hi equinox69,

It just corrects the issue, we've removed that line from the next version. It was just some extra error checking that we really don't need.

Thanks.

interactivetools.com

By Codee - August 16, 2012

Thanks for the expeditious reply! As busier and busier you guys get...I am AMAZED that the response to your clients is STILL so quick and awesome! You guys rock!