shopping cart

10 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 13, 2012   (RSS)

By paulmac - January 10, 2012

Hi

I would like to add a shopping cart to a client's site who is currently using CMSB. I now there has been mention of a cart plugin being developed, so if that's not too far off I wouldn't mind waiting until it is ready. Failing that can anyone recommend a cart that integrates well with CMSB.

Thanks

Re: [paulmac] shopping cart

By Jason - January 10, 2012

Hi,

We do have a shopping cart plugin that we use for projects, however, it isn't at a stage yet where it's ready for a general release. We are able to integrate it into sites through consulting. If you are interested in this, please email consulting@interactivetools.com. For most cases, the integration can be done quite quickly.

If this doesn't work for you, perhaps others can post links to shopping carts they've successfully used on projects.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [degreesnorth] shopping cart

By Jason - August 10, 2012

Hi Carole,

Our simpleCart plugin has gone through quite a few upgrades to support a number of new features (ie, Authorize.Net payment processors, Inventory Control, etc) and we're always adding more. However, it is still only a script that we distribute through consulting services.

That being said, it does integrate in seamlessly with your CMS Builder installation:
-All cart/order information is stored directly in the CMS.
-You can add in "products" from any or as many sections of the CMS you like.
-the cart can work on its own, or can be integrated with the website membership plugin to allow customers to view their past order history.

Beyond all of this, the cart can be customized to fit any specific business requirements you may have.

The cost of integration really depends on exactly what you need. Simple integrations average around $400 - $500. If you're interested, please email consulting@interactivetools.com and we can go over some options.

Hope this helps
interactivetools.com

Re: [Jason] shopping cart

By gkornbluth - August 10, 2012

Hi Jason,

The cart sound interesting. I didn't realize that you were that far along.

Do you have any idea when you might be releasing it as a plugin?

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [degreesnorth] shopping cart

By Toledoh - August 10, 2012

I've got a number of sites using this plugin and I love it! It's used as a normal shop, as a payment/booking for events, integrated with freight companies, various payment gateways... highly recommend it!
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By sidcam - August 11, 2012

You guys should advertise things like this.

Perhaps on the Add Ons page, right under "User Submitted" should be another option called "Available Through Consulting" that lists plugin options like simpleCart. I started a storefront project and went with PrestaShop because it never occured to me it could be that cheap or easy with CMSB. Would have much rather used something I knew.

Just a thought.

Sid

Re: [sidcam] shopping cart

By Jason - August 13, 2012

Hi Sid,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll pass that around and see what we can come up with.

Jerry: We've been developing the cart for quite awhile through consulting projects. It's grown pretty organically. Once it's integrated into a site, it requires almost no maintenance, but it hasn't reached a stage where integration is as simple as website comments. That's why it hasn't been a publicly released plugin yet. But we'll keep working on it.

Any thoughts or suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks!
interactivetools.com

By gkornbluth - August 13, 2012

Hi All,

My 2 cents worth.

"Simple" implementation might not be the best factor on which to base a release decision.

Effectively using the website membership plugin is far from a simple implementation, but it is certainly worth the learning curve (and the price).

I think you'd get a lot of us to buy an integrated cart solution plugin, especially as an unlimited license, even if it took us a bit of work to implement.

Besides, you'd get a lot of beta test feedback from users, and you could still offer the consulting option for those not able, or willing to work through all, or part of the implementation.

Just a thought...

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] shopping cart

By Toledoh - August 13, 2012

As I've said, I've got a number of these sites - and my initial thought was to buy once, then implement myself... I'm a pretty experienced CMSB user.

However, I've found that there are so many variables when working with commerce sites, and everyone wants things managed a bit different. Aspects such as where GST / VAT / TAX is calculated, different payment gateways, notifications, pricing levels, member / guest payments, stock control, etc etc.

I'm super keen for this to be a plugin that I can run with, but at the same time it's got to be done perfectly otherwise I'll end up getting sued.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)