By coliva - June 25, 2012

We are experiencing an issue on our client's website that uses AM v 1.41 where new articles are disappearing after a day or so of having been added.

We have AM installed on both the live site and a test directory (for devel purposes). A few month's ago the AM on the test directory became inaccessible (browser would just sit idle when we tried loading the exec.cgi), so our hosting company copied the entire AM folder from the live site to the test directory. This all seemed to work fine after adjusting the publish and uploads paths accordingly under Setup Options. However we later noticed that a good deal of the records from the live site were no longer available (anything newer than 2006 was not visible on the live site), but all records were available on the test directory. I assumed the hosting company had moved the data incorrectly leaving holes.

The hosting company was not familiar with AM, so they suggested they copy all the files from the test directory back to the live. This worked and brought all records back. However when we added new records, we noticed that a day or so later, these records had disappeared from AM. But if we tried to enter those records again the system gave an error that those particular filenames were in use. This told me that the data existed somewhere but was not accessible to the system.

Is there some setting that got copied over incorrectly in going back and forth from the live to the test directories that would cause this problem? Or any ideas on why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

Claudia

Re: [coliva] Entries disappear from AM v 1.41 after a day

By Damon - June 25, 2012

Hi Claudia,

I haven't encounter this issue before, but here are some things to check:
- sufficient harddrive space is available on the hosting account
- file permissions are set correctly
- file paths and URLs are set correctly in the admin

There records are visible (published) but then vanish days later, they are either hidden, deleted or overwrritten (low harddrive space). I can't really think of any other explaination.

If you want us to take a closer look, you can order a support ticket ($19.95) here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/order/?ST=1&INSTALL=0
---------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Damon Edis
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] Entries disappear from AM v 1.41 after a day

By coliva - June 26, 2012

Hi Damon,

Thanks for your reply. We will double check those items. Could you tell me what the correct permissions should be for the system to run correctly?

thanks,

Claudia