Firefox 11 Problem

17 posts by 7 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 24, 2012   (RSS)

• Archived  

By pcolvin - March 20, 2012 - edited: March 23, 2012

I have run into a problem with Firefox 11.x and was wondering if anyone else may be having the same issue.

If I have more than one WYSIWYG field in a section, I cannot access any of the content in the first WYSIWYG field. I can see what was entered in the filed if it hit the HTML button to see the raw HTML code, but the editor just is blank. If I hover over the first field, I get a tool tip that says "Rich Text Area. Press Alt F10 for toolbar. Press Alt 0 for Help".

The second WYSIWYG field works fine and you can enter and edit text.

I have tested this in Safari and Google Chrome and both fields work fine in those browsers.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with OS X Lion. I have not had the chance to see if the behavior is the same on a Windows machine. This happens with both version 2.08 and 2.10 of CMSB. I have not had the chance to try this with 2.14.

I believe this problem started after upgrading to Firefox 11. If anyone else is having a similar problem, please let me know. I will do some research with TinyMCE as well.

Thanks in advance.

Re: [pcolvin] Firefox Problem

• Archived  

By pcolvin - March 21, 2012

Just a quick update. I was able to try this on a Windows 7 machine and have the same problem.

It worked fine in Firefox version 10.x but after upgrading to Firefox 11.x it exhibits the same problem when there are two WYSIWYG fields in a section editor.

Re: [pcolvin] Firefox Problem

• Archived  

By (Deleted User) - March 21, 2012

Hi pcolvin,

I'm having a look at this now - the problem is restricted only to FF11 on Mac and PC (I've tried Opera, IE, Chrome, Safari on PC and the same on Mac).

Meanwhile, use another browser :-)

Tom

Re: [Tom P] Firefox Problem

• Archived  

Thanks for checking into it. I have verified that FF 10.x works fine.

I only have one site that uses multiple WYSIWYG fields so the other browser will the answer for now.

For what it is worth, I did do some testing on TinyMCE's fiddle site and did have multiple editors on one page and it seemed to work ok.

• Archived  

Hi pcolvin,

The issue seems to stem form a change in the Javascript engine for FF but does not affect the most recent (stable) release of TinyMCE (3.5b), so we'll look at getting CMSB updated with that.

Tom

• Archived  

Hi pcolvin,

I've just tested the 3.5b tinyMCE package on CMSB 2.12 and it works fine.

If you want to install the 3.5b package yourself, download it from tinyMCE, backup the current contents of cmsAdmin/3rdparty/tiny_mce and then copy the contents of the tiny_mce folder in the zip package into the cmsAdmin/3rdparty/tiny_mce folder.

You'll need to restart FF to reload the tinyMCE client but once you do, it should work fine.

If you have any problems, restore the backup (or download the next update of CMSB when it's released).

Thanks,

Tom

• Archived  

Tom,

I installed the new version of TinyMCE and that fixed the problem. Thanks for looking into this and providing the fix.

Phil C

• Archived  

By northernpenguin - March 24, 2012

Tom: I had the same problem with the wysiwyg editor and uploaded tinyMCE 3.5b2 (all I could find). I ended up with an error, as CMSB was looking for the file "tiny_mce_gzip.php". I just copied the file from my tinyMCE backup and it seems to work fine.

Looks like this file is no longer included in tinyMCE?

Ragi
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

Re: [northernpenguin] Firefox Problem

• Archived  

By (Deleted User) - March 26, 2012

Hi everyone,

The new version of tinymce (3.5b) is still being checked properly for CMSB compatibility (we have some customized settings to double check) but in testing I've not encountered any issues using CMSB 2.12 and above, so my recommendation is if you're experiencing usability errors, upgrade CMSB as well.

Alternatively, if you have the inclination and the time, post solutions to any issues you encounter with tinymce in this thread (for example, replacing the 3.5b spellchecker with the earlier version).

There's also the tinymce forum which has developed an interesting insight and solution to the issue (user-contributed so caution is strongly advised - backup before you try it!) http://www.tinymce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=99996

Thanks,

Tom