Multiple error messages

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 16, 2012   (RSS)

By terryally - March 15, 2012 - edited: March 15, 2012

Hi guys,

CMSB threw up 105 error messages today. I don't think they just started happening but I just turned on the PHP error reporting script and I am getting these email messages. Some are very long and they are way too many to post here, so I'll post just a few salient lines as examples and you can tell me please how to proceed.

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 331:
<br />Undefined index: leftJoin

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 1021:
<br />Undefined index: subscriber_id

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 373:
<br />Undefined index: where

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 419:
<br />Undefined variable: VIEWER_NAME

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 405:
<br />Undefined index: having

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 997:
<br />Undefined index: requireSearchSuffix

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 409:
<br />Undefined index: debugSql

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 1244:
<br />Undefined index: ignoreRemoveDate

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 419:
<br />mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'lakedarts'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 387:
<br />Undefined index: orWhere

An error occurred in script '/..../cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php' on line 1241:
<br />Undefined index: ignorePublishDate

... and there I will end it.

Thanks
Terry

Re: [terryally] Multiple error messages

By Jason - March 15, 2012

Hi Terry,

Are you seeing these error every time you use getRecords? I'm not sure what PHP error reporting script you're using, but my guess is that it's turning up the error reporting high enough that it's not allowing for error suppression.

Taking the first error message in your list as an example, it is referring to this line:

if (@$options['leftJoin']) {

This is checking to see if there is a leftJoin option in the options array. If there isn't (and there usually won't be), it technically will throw an error since we're accessing an index that doesn't exist. The @ symbol in front is meant to suppress this error. If you turn off the PHP error reporting script, do these problems go away? Are you able to control the reporting level in the script?

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Multiple error messages

By terryally - March 16, 2012

Hi Jason,

I am using my own error reporting script and yes I can suppress the errors.

I wrote a script for members to update their records. That membership database was not written using CMSB but a newsletter mailing programme. However, the page on which this sits is built using a template that was written with CMSB.

I don't want to suppress the errors in the event that a genuine error is thrown up and this is the method through which I monitor any PHP errors as I have too many websites to monitor.

If these CMSB "errors" are not really anything to worry about then, I'll just ignore them.

Terry