HTTP 406 Error on File Upload

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 21, 2012   (RSS)

By InHouse - March 12, 2012

On a development server we have an upload field in an editor which is giving us issues. On trying to upload permitted files (PDF) under the size limit, the upload appears to take place until after the Flash upload progress reports 100%, there is a pause, and then a red error message appears above the Upload element saying "Error uploading 'agreement-2.pdf', server returned: HTTP 406".

Any ideas of what may be going on here? The PDFs seem valid.

Thanks
J.

Re: [Jason] HTTP 406 Error on File Upload

By InHouse - March 12, 2012

Hi Jason,

Seems to be these particular PDFs. I've tried re-saving them in Acrobat Pro but they continue to behave the same way. I was able to upload another PDF with no issue. That one was a bit smaller (5Mb vs 8Mb).

J.

Re: [InHouse] HTTP 406 Error on File Upload

By Jason - March 13, 2012

Hi,

That's strange. It shouldn't be size issue. If you want, you can send in your details to support@interactivetools.com along with some example PDFs and we can look into it further.

Thanks,
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] HTTP 406 Error on File Upload

By InHouse - March 21, 2012 - edited: March 21, 2012

Hi Jason,

Took a few days to get back to this but the problem continues. By way of a text, I disabled the Flash file uploader under General Settings and tried again. After the same upload time the following message was displayed in the upload dialog box (lightbox):

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /westhaven/cmsAdmin/admin.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It's taking some time to push the file up to the server but appears to complete that action before realizing that there's something wrong.

Just FYI.

UPDATE: Ran the PDFs through the Acrobat scanned doc optimizer functions. Reduced the size a bit and corrected some blemishes. However, it also will now upload to the CMS! Rejoice!

J.