Group task management

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 8, 2011   (RSS)

By Toledoh - June 28, 2011

Hi All,

I'm trying to think of a way of using CMSB for group task management... really, a basic project management tool.

I want people to be able to view a list of tasks, see who is responsible, prioritise, comment etc.

It would be great if this could use the DownloadEmail plugin also, so people could respond to comments via email etc.

Has anyone implemented anything like this, or a support ticket type situation? It would be great to get some ideas on how to structure it.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Group task management

By robin - June 29, 2011

Hey Tim,

We've seen many ticket systems developed with CMSB. We use one internally to track consulting projects.

Using the DownloadEmail plugin is a good idea. It would need some extra coding to parse the ticket id out of the subject line for example.

When thinking of system structure I like to start with all the "nouns" and turn them into sections and see how they relate.

So you mentioned - tasks, who is responsible (owner), priority and comment. They can all be sections.
Tasks have priority
Tasks have comments
Owners have tasks.

Hope that's helpful,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Toledoh] Group task management

By Mikey - December 6, 2011

Toledoh, did you ever get your group task management developed? I need to build one as well. Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks, Zick

Re: [zick] Group task management

By Toledoh - December 6, 2011

Yeah mate I did. I'll send something through when I get back to the computer. Do I have your email?
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)