Linking Data to a summary page

13 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 27, 2011   (RSS)

By degreesnorth - October 26, 2011

Hi Jason

If it was that easy I wouldn't have asked :)! No, that doesn't work, as I get an undefined index, which is why I contacted you in the first place!

There is no tourIntroRecords section editor.

1. there is a section editor for countries = countries list

// determine if a country was selected for searching
$tourIntroWhere = @$_REQUEST['country_list_keyword']
? "country_name LIKE '\t". mysql_real_escape_string( @$_REQUEST['country_list_keyword'] ) ."\t'"
: "title = 'Generic'";

// load intro records
list($tourIntroRecords) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'country_intros',
'where' => $tourIntroWhere,
));
$tourIntroRecord = @$tourIntroRecords[0]; // get first record

2. there is a section editor for the details of each country = country_intros (this also contains the specific country SEO info which I want displayed depending on which country was selected)

3. there is a page tours_summary.php which pulls info from the various sections depending on the search

4. what I want to happen is that if they select Turkey for example, the tours_summary.php displays the image, page title, intro copy AND THE SEO INFO for that section. I don't know how to make it work so that if Turkey was selected as the country, it also then knows that the Turkey country_intro seo info needs to be added to.

Do I need to have another string of code as per 1 above, or can I just add to that, and if so how?

Thanks

Re: [degreesnorth] Linking Data to a summary page

By Jason - October 27, 2011

Hi,

You already have code on your page to retrieve a record from country_intros. If you are getting an "undefined index" error, chances are you're query isn't returning anything.

You can confirm this with this piece of code:

$tourIntroRecord = @$tourIntroRecords[0]; // get first record

showme($tourIntroRecord);
die("DEBUG ENDS");

If all you get back is "DEBUG ENDS" or Array() DEBUG ENDS, then the query to retrieve a record wasn't successful.

It looks like the field country_name is a text field, or a single value list field. If this is the case, adding tab (\t) characters around your search value wouldn't work.

Try this:

// determine if a country was selected for searching
$tourIntroWhere = @$_REQUEST['country_list_keyword']
? "country_name = '". mysql_real_escape_string( @$_REQUEST['country_list_keyword'] ) ."'"
: "title = 'Generic'";

Let me know if this works for you.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/