Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

81 posts by 36 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 31, 2012   (RSS)

• Archived  

By racersdivision - April 20, 2011

Great work with 2.08 guys! Almost had to find another solution recently on a few projects due to the previous versions lack of encryption. Keep up the great work.

Re: [Hybrid] Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

• Archived  

By gkornbluth - June 19, 2011 - edited: June 19, 2011

Hi Dave,

Small thing,

When an upload field is set to accommodate a only single upload, could the. "Tip: hold <Ctrl> to select multiple files" message under the upload link and maybe the (s) at the end of the link go away in an upcoming version?

My clients sometimes get confused and try to upload multiple files with unhappy results.

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php
  • Archived  

By KCMedia - July 8, 2011

Hi Guys

One Idea that i have just had and that would be able to do a upgrade much quicker, i have about 30 sites and a lot are not at the current version but being able to login to the site and click upgrade to current version and the system will check and upgrade would be a good thing.

At the moment if i wanted to upgrade sites i would need to go and visit the interactive site and pay for upgrades and then download the new version and then upload all the files to the site that i want then run upgrade this just takes time.

Maybe you could have a 12 month support upgrade package so we pay a small amount to allow us to upgrade the site without having to visit the site all the time.

Just some ideas that would help us reduce the time it takes and give us more time to design sites.
Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz

Re: [kcmedia] Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

• Archived  

By zip222 - July 10, 2011

I agree with @kcmedia. I like the faster release schedule, but without an easier way to upgrade, I am going to be skipping quite a few of these.
  • Archived  

By avrom - August 6, 2011

Hey Dave, a comments plugin would be fantastic!

I'm planning a big project after the Summer, and I would sure like to find a way to do it without WordPress. CMS Builder would give me far more flexibility, and give CMS Builder a true blog feature rich platform. And with an anti-spam plugin (with Akismet) and a captcha would be even better [;)]

Cheers
Avrom

Re: [kcmedia] Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

• Archived  

By Maurice - August 17, 2011

I agree with @kcmedia.

m2
-------------------------------------------

Dropmonkey.nl
  • Archived  

By Codee - August 24, 2011

How about a pseudo-sitemap generator feature? Basically, any and all CMSB-generated pages are piped to a single html page, list-style. OR, just piped out to a .txt file? Most search engines accept urllist.txt as a sitemap page.

Re: [equinox69] Notice: CMSB Upcoming Features and Development Plan

• Archived  

By Dave - August 24, 2011

Thanks, for the suggestion, Terry! We're almost finished the items at the top of this list, then I'm going to consolidate all the suggestions into a new list.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Perchpole - August 27, 2011

Just time for a real quick and simple suggestion from me then...

Currently, when you view the list or records in a section editor, you are offered 2 simple actions - "modify" and "erase". I think it would be incredibly useful if there were also a "hide" option.

This would make it possible to make records "hidden" on the fly - without having to modify each record individually.

:0)

Perchpole