stupid question, but here goes....

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 11, 2011   (RSS)

By imabouto - July 10, 2011

Haven't purchased yet, but after watching some of the videos and poking around, I get the jist of how you insert this into a new page, or a page from a site that already exists. My question is, how does the CLIENT do the content edits after I have installed this onto a site I have designed? Does the client also have to have the Interactive software to do this?

I get some pretty good $$ in retainer fees for updates, but one possible client wants to be able to add photos and content on her own, so this looks like the deal I need?

Re: [imabouto] stupid question, but here goes....

By zip222 - July 10, 2011

Once you have finished the setup, you will setup an account for your client. They will then be able to login to the system through their web browser - no additional software is required for them. You can control what they see and don't see once they login. One of the reason I choose to work with CMS Builder rather than any of the other popular choices, is due to the user-friendly experience for the end users. If your clients are anything like mine, they will love this product and be impressed by how easy it is to learn and use.

Re: [zip222] stupid question, but here goes....

By imabouto - July 10, 2011

Thanks very much for your reply. After the client has done their edits, are the changes then presented via ftp?

Re: [imabouto] stupid question, but here goes....

By Dave - July 11, 2011

If you wanted to backup those changes, though, you could click "Backup" under: Admin > General and download the backup file via FTP.

But generally you only need to use FTP when first setting up the program.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com