Download Mail - attachments using a Mac or iPhone

By Mikey - July 6, 2011

I'm trying to use the add-on Download Mail to post messages to CMS Builder. It works fine, except when I use my Mac or iPhone the attachments do not come through. If I use Yahoo or a Web-based email it works fine... it's only causing issues when I use my Mac or iPhone. I suspect it's a setting on my Mac and iPhone and how it handles attachments... anyone have any suggestions on how to get this working for Apple devices?

Thanks Zick.

Re: [zick] Download Mail - attachments using a Mac or iPhone

By Toledoh - July 6, 2011

Hey Zick.

It's worked "straight out of the box" with my iPhone... for instance, taking a phot then emailing it to the site.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Download Mail - attachments using a Mac or iPhone

By Mikey - July 6, 2011

Hey Zick.

It's worked "straight out of the box" with my iPhone... for instance, taking a phot then emailing it to the site.

Hum... I checked my iphone settings, my mac setting for delivering attachments, but can't seem to figure out where the issue is. I still can't get attachments to work sent via my apple devices.

By Toledoh - July 6, 2011

let me know the email address to send to, and I can send from mine to yours and mine and see if they work. tim at toledoh dot com dot au
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Toledoh - January 11, 2012

Hey Zick, you're right. I was sure it used to work, but just setting up recently and it doesn't. Did you figure out a solution?
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Toledoh - January 16, 2012

Hey Guys,

Can you have a look at the Download Mail plugin and see what we can do about getting attachments from iPhones?
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Dave - January 16, 2012

Hi Guys,

It doesn't currently support inline attachments. Those are images in the body of an email that doesn't have a file name associated with them. If you are able to send it as a regular file attachment it should come through.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Download Mail - attachments using a Mac or iPhone

By Toledoh - January 16, 2012

MMmm, from my google results, it seems that there is no way around this... apple only does inline attachments.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Dave - January 17, 2012

Hi Tim, Perhaps we can add a flag to support importing inline attachments. Let me do some investigation on this and get back to you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com