Download Mail - attachments using a Mac or iPhone

Re: [zick] Download Mail - attachments using a Mac or iPhone

By Toledoh - July 6, 2011

Hey Zick.

It's worked "straight out of the box" with my iPhone... for instance, taking a phot then emailing it to the site.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Download Mail - attachments using a Mac or iPhone

By Mikey - July 6, 2011

Hey Zick.

It's worked "straight out of the box" with my iPhone... for instance, taking a phot then emailing it to the site.

Hum... I checked my iphone settings, my mac setting for delivering attachments, but can't seem to figure out where the issue is. I still can't get attachments to work sent via my apple devices.

By Toledoh - July 6, 2011

let me know the email address to send to, and I can send from mine to yours and mine and see if they work. tim at toledoh dot com dot au
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Mikey - July 6, 2011

Thanks for the offer Toledoh. I figured out that if I use send photo via MMS it will post the attachments to my site without issue. Sending via email with the attachment inline still doesn't work on my iphone, but MMS will work fine for my needs.

I may still take you up on the offer once I do some testing.
Cheers, Zick

By Toledoh - January 11, 2012

Hey Zick, you're right. I was sure it used to work, but just setting up recently and it doesn't. Did you figure out a solution?
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Toledoh - January 16, 2012

Hey Guys,

Can you have a look at the Download Mail plugin and see what we can do about getting attachments from iPhones?
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Dave - January 16, 2012

Hi Guys,

It doesn't currently support inline attachments. Those are images in the body of an email that doesn't have a file name associated with them. If you are able to send it as a regular file attachment it should come through.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Download Mail - attachments using a Mac or iPhone

By Toledoh - January 16, 2012

MMmm, from my google results, it seems that there is no way around this... apple only does inline attachments.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Dave - January 17, 2012

Hi Tim, Perhaps we can add a flag to support importing inline attachments. Let me do some investigation on this and get back to you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com