Using list value in where clause

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 1, 2011   (RSS)

By zaba - May 31, 2011

I want to pull data from the database dependent on what section it belongs to. the section is determined in cmsb by use of a list field which can have multiple choices, ie. a record can belong to section1 or section2 or both. I incorrectly assumed that I would be able to do this to pull the records:

list($videosRecords, $videosMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'videos',
'loadUploads' => '0',
'allowSearch' => '0',
'where' => 'section="section1"',
));

can anyone help?

Re: [zaba] Using list value in where clause

By Jason - May 31, 2011

Hi,

Could you provide some more information on what you're trying to accomplish? Are you trying to select records from different sections that have selected a video?

Please let me know as much information as you can and we'll suggest some options.

Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Using list value in where clause

By zaba - May 31, 2011

In the cms I have a multi record set. One of the fields (section) is a list field with checkboxes, so checkbox 1 has a value and checkbox 2 has a value. I want to pull records in the viewer dependent upon what the value of section is.

I want to list all entries that match

where => 'section="the value of checkbox1"'

hope this helps explain what I am doing.

Re: [zaba] Using list value in where clause

By robin - June 1, 2011

Hey Zaba,

Yes. the checkbox is stored in the database as 1 or 0 instead of the checkbox labels. A bonus of this method is you can change the label without needing to update any database values. That also means you wont have to change your code if the labels change.

Hope that helps,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com