geolocation listings

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 2, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [rez] geolocation listings

By robin - June 1, 2011

Hey Rez,

So you want the map to show all locations, but the list to show search results?

Thanks,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com

Re: [robin] geolocation listings

By rez - June 1, 2011 - edited: June 1, 2011

Sorry, I know this is a mess. I have that part already working.

I have the map showing all locations. I have a search box next to that which will show all locations by proximity when entering a zip. When arriving at the page, you see the map and the search box. Searching reloads the page and puts the list below the search box and map. That all works fine. (the full map here isnt integrated in the search at all, it simply shows all locations)

BUT, in addition to that, when first arriving at the page, I want all locations already listed out under state headings, below the map and search box. So on page arrival you would have the full map and zipcode search box at the top of the page and below that, all locations listed. Most people will be happy already. If you then wanted to do a proximity search, you could use the zipcode search. The problem I am currently having is that after the search, the map, the search box and full list are already there, and now a new proximity list result is added as well. So two lists end up on the page. The full list and the proximity search results. :(

That make sense? I may be going about this all wrong...

Re: [rez] geolocation listings

By robin - June 2, 2011

Hey Rez,

I can't seem to find a duplicate listing problem with the code you posted. If you're still having trouble you could fill out a [url http://www.interactivetools.com/support]2nd Level Support Request[/url] we can take a closer look into this issue.

Thanks
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com