PHP Errors

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 13, 2011   (RSS)

By dwellingproductions - May 13, 2011

Hi all!

For some strange reason, we just started getting these weird PHP errors a couple of days ago when trying to access the CMS admin page. And, we're not being allowed to log in either. We looked over the php5.ini file and nothing has changed from the original working version. And, even though no changes had occurred, we also tried reverting the CMS-related files on the server to earlier versions, and no dice. Any recommendations?

Here is our CMS admin login page:

http://www.praisecenterchurch.org/cmsAdmin/admin.php

Here are the errors:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: session_start(): open(/home/content/p/r/a/praisecenter/html/php_sessions/sess_576cbc1e71ef8c4da1def3d1a00f05c9, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/p/r/a/praisecenter/html/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php on line 325

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/p/r/a/praisecenter/html/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php:325) in /home/content/p/r/a/praisecenter/html/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php on line 325

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/p/r/a/praisecenter/html/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php:325) in /home/content/p/r/a/praisecenter/html/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php on line 325 Fatal error: Call to undefined function getRequestedMenu() in /home/content/p/r/a/praisecenter/html/cmsAdmin/admin.php on line 15

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/content/p/r/a/praisecenter/html/php_sessions/sess_576cbc1e71ef8c4da1def3d1a00f05c9, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/content/p/r/a/praisecenter/html/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, in advance for any advice.

Kind regards,

Jeremy
---------------------------

Dwelling Productions

www.dwellingproductions.com

Re: [dwelling] PHP Errors

By gkornbluth - May 13, 2011 - edited: May 13, 2011

Hi Dwelling,

I just had a similar issue with an account hosted at Godaddy.com.

It seems that when Godaddy migrates an account to a new server (for their own purposes, and not requested by me) they only copy over the root directory and not any directories that are above the root.

To the best of my understanding, Godaddy had decided to migrate my account to another server. When they did, a directory above the root which contained a tmp directory (where the php sessions were written to) was not copied.

Once Dave Edis discovered the cause of the issue, I was able to contact Godaddy and the fixed the issue in a few minutes.

I've attached a start test file that he created as part of the process in case it helps.

Hope that sheds some light on your problem.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php
Attachments:

session_start_test.php 1K

By gkornbluth - May 13, 2011

Hi Jeremy,

FYI...

I had a case going as well, but when I called them, and then sent the tech the information, he got the admins to fix it while I was waiting on the phone (about 10 minutes in all).

Jerry Kornbluth

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] PHP Errors

By dwellingproductions - May 13, 2011

Hey Jerry!

Good advice! I realized it was going to take all day to get an email response, so I called them directly. Would you believe the admins couldn't, or wouldn't, do anything about the issue??? Fortunately, the lower-level tech was kind enough to stay on the phone with me for an hour and help me troubleshoot the issue. As it turns out, it was easy as creating a folder in the root of the site called "sessiontmp" and adding the following line to the "php5.ini" file:

session.save_path = /home/content/p/r/a/praisecenter/html/sessiontmp

Thankfully, everything is working perfectly now. And, the "session_start_test.php" file was a great help. Thanks Jerry (and Dave)! :-)

As always, the support and community here is wonderful!

All the best!

Jeremy
---------------------------

Dwelling Productions

www.dwellingproductions.com

By gkornbluth - May 13, 2011

Glad to hear it finally got resolved.

That's one of the reasons I'm not too fond of Godaddy. Too much stuff under the hood that they don't want to support.

I've had good luck with IXWebHosting over the years and would highly recommend them.

Their tech support is superb, only top level techs and 24x7x365 phone support.

Jerry Kornbluth