QR Code Generator

By gkornbluth - May 5, 2011

Hi Robin,

It certainly does help. The page works perfectly now.

I had the single end quote after the . $num and didn't know about the double quote.

Just another tip to include in the Cookbook...

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [Dave] QR Code Generator

By sidcam - May 5, 2011

Dave-

You asked how we're using QR's. I'm in real estate and we're incorporating QR codes on all of our printed materials, business cards and eventually signs.

Right now I'm designing a new MLS search for my site. I intend to use the PDF plugin to allow people to generate printer friendly flyers and maps for any listing they're looking at. With this QR plugin I now intend to incorporate a series of QR's on those PDF's and webpages so prospects can quickly use their phone to interact with Google Maps to map/navigate to the listing and when they are in their car with their printouts they can quickly pull up the listing on their phone to see the photos again, connect with us to schedule a showing (phone, sms, etc) as well as perform Facebook Likes and other social media tasks that ultimately link back to my website.

Thanks, Sid

By KCMedia - May 8, 2011

Hi Robin

i have been talking to a client of mine and they run 2 motorbike stores and we would like to use QR codes to put on each bike in the store is this posible at all?
so people can use the code to get more information on the bike maybe a video of the bike and reviews and pictures.

so someone comes into the store and uses the code that is printed on the price tag. How does all of this sound.
Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz

Re: [kcmedia] QR Code Generator

By Dave - May 8, 2011

Hi Craig,

Yes you can absolutely do that. Just have the QR Code link to the product page for the bike (or the mobile version of the product page).

That's a great idea.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Dave - May 8, 2011

Just make a separate viewer page that positions them for printing on labels. Or even use CreatePDF if you need to line them up a certain way.

So you might have bikes.php and bikes_labels.php

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] QR Code Generator

By KCMedia - May 8, 2011

Hi Dave

thanks for that i will keep you all updated on the progress of this project.

keep up the good work guys.
Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz

By gkornbluth - May 9, 2011

Hi Craig,

When you get the formatting worked out for the labels, could you post the details?

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Codee - November 17, 2011

Hi Robin, I just installed your QR Code Generator as I'm very enthused about it! I'm having a problem, though. After the install and activation, I click on the "Example Code" link. In the third box down under "Example Output" I get the error
"Couldn't load viewer library, check filepath in sourcecode."

Haven't had this issue with other plugins on this site. What shall I do?

Re: [equinox69] QR Code Generator

By gkornbluth - November 17, 2011

Hi equinox69,

I took a look at the load viewer library code in the examples and they are all identical and all of my examples work in CMSB 2.13.

Are you having a problem with just one example or all of them?

If your QRCodeGenerator plugin is in your plugins folder, and your examples are in an examples folder in the plugin folder which is in your cmsAdmin folder the examples should work OK.

If you're having an issue with just one example, check the load viewer library code in that one against one of the working examples. (You probably would have done that already though)

If you're having a problem with all of them, try adding:
, '../../../../../../'
after the last group in the array, before the );

Just a thought.

Good luck,

Jerry Kornbluth