PHP input code generator

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 6, 2011   (RSS)

By terryally - May 4, 2011

Is there a method to generate the PHP code for a completed section editor? i.e. the form that I will use to input data in the CMSB?

Why do I need it?

Well I want a client to use one of these forms to input data for me to work with but she wants to keep a record of the information. (She previously sent a Word document which is now replaced by an online form).

CMSB does not have the feature to email records when created. That leaves building a form on a normal webpage that will email the details when it is submitted. Before I start writing that, I wondered whether there is a way to generate the PHP from the completed form built with a section editor so that I do not have to do double work.

Re: [gkornbluth] PHP input code generator

By terryally - May 4, 2011

Hi Jerry,

As you know, if this was a front-end web form you could easily write into it a mailto() command to format and email the data or it could be displayed and then converted to Word or PDF.

That's the idea. This isn't available in CMSB backend, so I need to create a front-end and before I start writing the page I wanted to know whether CMSB has some hidden talent to provide me with that code that is behind the backend form.

Terry

Re: [terryally] PHP input code generator

By Jason - May 4, 2011

Hi Terry,

We don't currently have anything that automatically creates front end forms for you.

If you need to send an email alert when a record is added/modified in the backend, take a look a this post:
http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=79097#79097

This is a plugin created by a member of the forum community that sends emails when records are created/modified. This would probably be a good place to start as you could modify this plugin to fit your particular needs.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] PHP input code generator

By terryally - May 6, 2011

Hi Jason,

This is brilliant. It does the trick. I am easily customise this to what I need.

Thanks. This has saved me a lot of work.

Terry