Rackspace Hosting and Create PDF Plug-in

By wolf66 - April 11, 2011

Hi there,

This is the response we got from our hosting provider (rackspace.com). We use their cloud system.

Thank you for contacting Support. As per our chat, you are attempting to install a plugin called PDF Create for your site which runs CMS Builder. When the plugin tests the server configuration you are met with the following error:

Failed! Test running PDF conversion program on server

Testing pdf binary with command: /mnt/target03/357330/www.chegs.org.au/web/content/wolfAdmin/plugins/createPDF/wkhtmltopdf/wkhtmltopdf-amd64 -V
Result: 0 bytes returned
Error: No output returned from command! (Exit code: 126)
Action: Please make the following file readable and executable (chmod 0755):

We had both made certain that the permissions were set to 755 as instructed and you had even re-uploaded the plugin in case of file corruption.

In my research I found that this plugin does need to have specific libraries installed on the server to be able to run. Though these libraries cannot be installed directly on the server you may be able to deploy them in another way. I would suggest you speak with developers of that plugin to see if they have any suggestions for installing this on a shared host such as Cloud Sites. If you, need more information from us about our environment please let us know. Take care and thank you for choosing the Rackspace Cloud!

Regards,
Christopher E.

I wasn't aware on purchasing the plug-in that specific libraries were required. Hoping there might be a way around it as all 100 of my sites are run off Rackspace and really not keen on shifting providers.

Cheers,

Dillon

Re: [wolftracks] Rackspace Hosting and Create PDF Plug-in

By Jason - April 12, 2011

Hi Dillon,

The createPDF plugin does require certain libraries to be present on the server. Since moving providers doesn't seem to be an options, there are a couple of other things we can try.

First, if you could fill out a [url http://www.interactivetools.com/support]2nd Level Support Request[/url] we can log into your site and see if there's anything we can do. If you could also include details to log into your hosting provider that would be helpful.

Another option would be to use a proxy. If you have another CMS Builder running on a different server that would support the plugin, you can set up your plugin on your first site to use the second site as a proxy to actually run the plugin.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [wolftracks] Rackspace Hosting and Create PDF Plug-in

By Dave - April 12, 2011

Hi Dillon,

Create PDF uses a linux binary to actually create the PDFs. It requires some common linux libraries. They're almost always there but sometimes not. We may have a way to add them ourselves but haven't had a chance to test it (partly because the problem hasn't been common enough), but we also have a cloud sites account we'd like to get it working on.

If you can send a ticket in or an email me direct to dave@interactivetools.com we can take a look and see if we can figure out a way to get it working for you.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com